A critical component of enabling the electronic sharing of health information is the concept of interoperability, and interoperability standards: standardized messaging specifications and transmission use cases that ensure that any IT systems created in compliance with those standards will be able to communicate critical health information, and interpret that information consistently upon receipt.
Cognaissance has been an active participant in HL7 International as well as IHE International standards development, integration and adoption and has worked in Canada, France and the United states on a variety of interoperability projects including:
- Leadership, facilitation and technical writing of interoperability standards to meet new healthcare needs
- Standards implementation planning and adoption
- Standards conformance testing
- Hands-on, customized training in critical standards for implementers as well as users or buyers of standardized products
- Standards implementation RFP issuance and response writing